American Society of Civil Engineers
- Engineers shall hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of
the public and shall strive to comply with the principles of
sustainable development in the performance of their professional
- Engineers shall perform services only in areas of their
- Engineers shall issue public statements only in an objective and
- Engineers shall act in professional matters for each employer or
client as faithful agents or trustees, and shall avoid conflicts of
- Engineers shall build their professional reputation on the merit
of their services and shall not compete unfairly with others.
- Engineers shall act in such a manner as to uphold and enhance the
honor, integrity, and dignity of the engineering profession and shall
act with zero-tolerance for bribery, fraud, and corruption.
- Engineers shall continue their professional development throughout
their careers, and shall provide opportunities for the professional
development of those engineers under their supervision.